Brief Description and Terms and Conditions Summary
Description of service
LM Events (“the race organiser”, “www.lmevents.org.uk (the Site)” “We”, “Us”, “Our”,) provides a simple and quick means for event organisers (“Organisers”,“Merchants” “You” or “Your”) to publicise sporting events and collect payments with respect to the sale of entries or merchandise to Users (“Buyers”, “Participants”, “Event Registrants”, “You”, “Your”).
Organisers must have a registered the race organiser account (free of charge) to create a new event. Organisers may add feature-rich content to their event (such as course maps, custom entry questions, pricing information, location, inventory, images etc) and collect event registration fees directly from Users. Organisers understand and agree that all payments are transferred through our preferred Facilitated Payment Model (FPM) provider, Stripe.
How it works
LM Events event entry system offers a web-based platform where you can promote your event and associated information, where credit and debit payments are processed securely and speedily, letting you get on with what you do best - ie delivering a well organised and well supported event that gets people coming back year on year.
Terms of LM Events Website Use
All use of the www.lmevents.org.uk site to enter events, interact with linked information or for event organisers to register events is subject to our Terms and Conditions.
No event entry participant will be able to register for any event unless they agree to the terms and conditions outlined both by LM Events and those of the respective event Organiser
No event Organiser will be able to register their event unless they agree to the LM Events terms and conditions outlined and in doing so, make a declaration of acceptance of full responsibility for all aspects related to the event, This includes providing evidence that the event carries its own cancellation and refund policy and acceptance of sole responsibility for issuing any refunds.
LM Events uses the Facilitated Payment Model “Stripe” to process payments.
2. Facilitated Payment Modes (FPM)
Stripe FPM Payment Processing
It is the Organisers sole responsibility to provide any refunds requested by the Buyer, including any Booking Fees, via the the race organiser admin interface or the Stripe admin interface. LM Events will not be held responsible for, or liable for, any financial disputes between Event Organisers and Buyers, and Organisers hereby agree to fully indemnify LM Events and its affiliates for, refunds, errors in issuing refunds, or lack of refunds in connection with the use of the Stripe payment option.
3. Confirmation of transaction
Upon successful payment for each transaction, EVENTAC LTD’s administrative interface generates a confirmation message and receipt to the Buyer with details regarding to the event entry or product they have purchased. The Organiser agrees to unconditionally accept honour and fulfil all commitments as stated on your LM Events event entry description.
Following this transaction responsibility for all communication regarding the event will be undertaken by the Organiser.
4. Service Modification/Suspension
The the race organiser website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. LM Events is unable to offer warranty that the website or its associated digital processes will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by law We provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. LM Events reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the www.lmevents.org.uk site (or any part thereof) for any reason or no reason with or without notice. We are unable to accept liability for any disruption or non-availability resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure,Force Majeure, legal restrictions or censorship. The Organiser and the Buyer agree that LM Events shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinued service.
LM Events reserves the right, at any time, to suspend or permanently remove any or all events published by an Organiser that is/are deemed to breach of these T&C’s (or Our associated agreements) where there is doubt about the details/content or any other material of the event or product provided.
Organiser and Buyer Responsibilities
Event Organisers are responsible for all activity occurring under their respective User account and shall abide by all applicable local, national and/or foreign laws, treaties and regulations in connection with your use of the Service, including those related to data privacy, international communications and the transmission of technical or personal data.
- notify LM Events immediately of any unauthorized use of any password or account or any other known or suspected breach of security
- Report to LM Events immediately and use reasonable efforts to stop immediately any copying or distribution of Content that is known or suspected by you or your Users
- not impersonate an LM Events member of staff or another LM Events user or provide false identity information to gain access to or use the Service.
- agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions of website usage (and any associated documentation referenced therein) and will not use our Services in any way that
· Is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, infringing, harassing, racially or ethnically offensive or will include obscene material or reference
· Depicts sexually explicit images
· Facilitates illegal activity
· Promotes unlawful violence
· Is discriminatory based on race, gender, colour sexual orientation, religious belief, disability or is otherwise illegal or causes damage or injury to any person or property
Event Organisers understand and agree
- that LM Events may review and delete any content, messages, course maps, photos, videos or profiles (collectively, "Content") that in the sole judgment of LM Events violate this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users.
- that You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on the Service, or transmit to other users.
- You acknowledge and agree that if you contribute, provide or make available any Content to the Site ("Your Content"), whether as an Event Manager, Buyer or otherwise, you hereby grant to LM Events a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, sub licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, distribute, translate, publish, create derivative works based on, perform, display and otherwise exploit Your Content, in whole or in part, in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, and to allow others to do so, without compensation to you or any other provider of Your Content. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the foregoing license, and that all Your Content (i) does not infringe, violate, misappropriate or otherwise conflict with the rights of any third party, and (ii) complies with all applicable laws and regulations (foreign and domestic). LM Events reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from the Site at any time for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to Your Content) or no reason.
- LM Events allows for Organisers to insert links to other internet websites or resources. Because LM Events has no control over such websites and resources, the Buyer or any other user of the LM Events service, agrees that LM Events is not responsible, endorses or liable for any external content available on such websites or resources. The Organiser or any other user of the LM Events service agrees that LM Events is not responsible or liable for any consequences arising from the usage or reliance of any such websites or resources.
- PHOTOS - It is your responsibility not to upload an abusive photo, not to infringe on any copyrights or trademarks, and not to use a design which other LM Events users may deem offensive. LM Events is not liable for any imagery that is uploaded by Organisers or Registered Users that infringes any copyrights or trademarks relating to the respective imagery.
Copyright and Trademark infringement
Any complaints, with merit, received by LM Events relating to Copyright and Trademark infringement by an Organiser or publisher on the www.lmevents.org.uk site will result with the “switching off” of their Event site on LM Events and their details forwarded on to the requestor. Any costs associated with this process will be passed onto the Organiser or publisher on the www.lmevents.org.uk site.
You can, of course, refuse to accept or block certain cookies and computer browsers have different ways of doing this.
For Users and Organisers to be able to use www.www.lmevents.org.uk website we have to ask for and store some basic personal information about you. By visiting our site to create an account or register for an event, you are accepting and consenting to the collection and use of this data in the manner described.
The data collected at the point of registration may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA ie staff who work for our FPM. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
LM Events is NOT liable for any injury of life, body or health, based on a violation of duty by Organisers, its legal agents or its vicarious agents.
The Buyer absolves LM Events of any responsibility for anything relating to the Event placed by the Organiser on the LM Events System or sent by the Organiser via LM Events emails.
Any claims from the Buyer, relating to anything prompted by/from/linked to the purchase of an Event, should be made to the Organiser.
Organisers and Users hereby agree that they are liable for all content, in whatever form, provided and made available through www.lmevents.org.uk and agree not to use the service to upload, post, email, transmit, broadcast or otherwise make available any content that is; unlawful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, harmful, tortuous, defamatory, libellous, vulgar, obscene, invasive, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, harmful to minors, impersonating any person or entity, misrepresenting yourself, breaching fiduciary contracts, selling or advertising other products other than what is related to the Event, malware, software viruses, malicious code, inciting or breaking the any law foreign or domestic.
The Organiser agrees to defend, indemnify and hold anyone associated directly or employed by LM Events harmless with any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (direct or indirect) due to or arising from your content. You also agree to cooperate with all requests from LM Events relating to this matter.
LM Events reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate an Organiser’s account and remove all related content at any time for any or no reason for (a) failure to pay any fees and monies due by the Organiser(b) lack of usage of www.lmevents.org.uk (c) any breach of these T&C. Organisers agree that any termination can be implemented without any prior notice. The Organisers also agree that LM Events shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination.
Disclaimer of warranties
The LM Events services is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. LM Events makes no warranty that: (a) The Service will meet your requirements (b) The Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free (c) The results from the use of the service will be reliable or accurate (d) The Service or Events (or any part thereof) will meet your expectations (e) Any error will be corrected.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights, including in particular, trade marks, logos and copyright shall be owned by the party introducing the same.
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and LM Events shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and all the Parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
LMEvents or their agent will maintain a registration
database for all entrants and their chosen emergency contact. All information
will be collected, stored and processed in accordance with the Data Protection
Entrants are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of their personal records within the event database. Should any information change between registration and participation, it is the individual entrants’ responsibility to ensure that their records are updated accordingly.
Entry Fees must be paid in full before entry to the event will be confirmed.
Entry to the event will only be accepted through the official website, using the online registration service.
The registration fee is NON REFUNDABLE under any circumstance.
Entrants must electronically acknowledge that they have read and agree to the event terms and conditions prior to their entry in to the event being confirmed. By doing so the entrant is unreservedly accepting all of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
LMEvents or their agent will maintain a registration database for all entrants and their chosen emergency contact. All information will be collected stored and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
LMEvents may use the entrants contact information to keep them informed of the event or to notify them of other events organised or promoted by LMEvents
LMEvents may share the entrants contact details with their partner organisations. Entrants have the right to ‘opt-out’ of this information sharing agreement at any time.
Entrants give permission for the organisers, their agents, or any other associated organisations to use any photographs, video tapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings, or any other record of the event. Such articles may be used or included on websites, media publications, advertising, promotional information, or other publicly accessible sources.
PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT / ACTIVITY
Participants must clearly display their issued number in accordance to the specific event instructions.
Where an event is timed, participants are responsible for negotiating all designated timing checkpoints on the course.
Participants must comply with the instructions of the organisers and other course officials.
Event routes will be clearly signed and each event has the route details available online. There will also be a number of marshals at key locations to help keep participants on course. However, whilst the organiser will make every effort to ensure that the routes are adequately signed, the onus of remaining on course rests with the participant.
The organiser reserves the right to require a participant to retire from the event where their conduct is considered to be inappropriate. If required to retire the participant must remove their number and take no further part in the event.
Participants have a duty to report to an event official as soon as practicable, anything that they see or hear which they reasonably believe may impact on the safety or welfare of themselves or others, connected to the event or otherwise.
Whilst appropriate risk assessments will be carried out before the event, participants assume full and complete responsibility for any injury or accident which may occur whilst travelling to or from the event, during the event, or whilst on any premises related to the event.
Participants must agree to waive, release and forever discharge the event organisers, sponsors, promoters, and each of their agents, representatives, successors and assigns, and all other persons associated with the event, from any liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that they may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with participation in the event. This includes any claims, whether caused by negligence, the action or inaction of any of the above parties, or otherwise.
CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
The moment you enter our race we start to incur administrative costs and banking charges, simply in processing your entry and payment. We also incur further charges in administering cancellations and processing refund payments.
Your entry fee is invested in the cost of staging the event, and the main costs to contractors, suppliers, administration etc are already committed well before race day. Therefore, no refunds will be given under any circumstance.
Entry Fees are only valid for the original event for which they were purchased. Neither Places or Fees are transferrable to any other event.
If, for any reason what so ever, an entrant finds themselves unable to participate they should notify the organisers as soon as reasonably practicable of their intention to withdraw from the event. This will allow the vacancy to be reallocated to anyone who may be on the event’s reserve list.
Extreme or unusual weather conditions are unlikely to lead to the cancellation of the event. Entrants must exercise their own experience and judgement regarding their ability, equipment and preparedness to cope with the prevailing elements before they commence.
No competitor is permitted to enter or participate using another persons details.
No transfers will be permitted within TWO WEEKS of the event start date.
Entrants are responsible for finding their own replacements. The organiser will not get involved in this process. If you wish to transfer your entry you must email firstname.lastname@example.org
ALTERATIONS TO THE EVENT
Circumstances may dictate that for reasons beyond our control we are unable to use the proposed race route. This may well happen at the last minute due to issues such as extreme weather; an accident on route, etc. If there were to be an issue with a race route in the lead up to the event or on the day, we would try to do the following in order of preference…
1. Re-route the course where possible - this could result in the race distance altering. We would endeavour to make it as close as possible.
2. Change the date – if conditions/events dictated we could not stage the race on advertised day then we would try to find an alternative date.
3. Cancel the race – In the unlikely event that the organisers are forced to cancel the event, due to circumstances beyond their control, entrants will be entitled to claim a refund with no further liability whatsoever arising from such cancellation. Requests for refunds must be received in writing no later than 30 days from the date of official event cancellation by the organisers.
Refund Applicants will be reimbursed with that part of their entry fee which are recoverable or have not been irrevocably committed to staging the event.
LMEvents will hold your data for 12 months following the event date. Contact (for non mandatory event communications) with you will be made in accordance with your consent